Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

123. Re: American Aug 13, 2004, 13:42 S_DOG34

These list are nowhere even near complete either!

Well, I should hope not. Between the two lists there are exactly ONE 'game center' listed in Toronto and Chicago respectively.

I don't even live in those areas and just so happens I have been to LAN centers in both.

Again, your experience is very, very atypical. Btw, do you own a computer or just go around paying to use other people's computers?

First off, you still have not proven why Valve is so evil for wanting licensing fees from third parties who charge to play their games. As someone already said, it's no different from movies.
And cyber cafes are not the same thing. I have been to several and no one there is playing games. The computer are for websurfing only. Valve is doing a legit thing AND it affects virtually nobody outside of your small circle of friends.

"If you're here to play a game, who's name in unmentionable here, IT is no longer available. We refuse to pay blood sucking leeches our tiny profits, that we make while entertaining you our customer, to offer a 6 year old game. If you wish to play a 6 year old game, we suggest to you that it is time to move on. Play any game other than IT and receive a free hour for being open minded."
How can they play IT if it is no longer available? And that sign definately doesn't make the owner of said 'gaming center' come off as petty and cheap...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo