Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

116. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2004, 10:12 padlock

I can't understand why anyone would criticize the game for not being a different style. I hate tactical shooters, but you'd never find complaining about how crappy they are because they play like... tactical shooters. I know that some people enjoy that style of game, and it would be foolish of me to complain about them.

Yet some people come here and are screaming that Doom 3 sucks because it isn't their prefered type of game. Well guess what, id software delivered exactly what they said they would: an extremely immersive, visually stunning, action first person shooter with high production values. And they did an excellent job at it. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a very long time.

And before someone accuses me of being and id fan boy, let me just say that nothing could be further from the truth. I've never truly enjoyed any of their games before. I thought Duke was better then Quake, Unreal tournament better then Quake 3, and my favorite fps of all times are System Shock 2, Thief 2, and Halflife. Doom 3 may soon join that list.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo