Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

130. Re: Low expectations- High hopes! Aug 1, 2004, 01:35 Rockn-Roll

I did not see anything mind blowing.

You must have missed something, cause I believe monster #1 got his mind blown up, and the marine was dusted completely in the end.

I too like the brightness and alive feeling provided by Far Cry visuals.

Live? Heck, FarCry looks to me like a totally scripted sequential superficial nursery rhyme compared to Doom3.

Would the movie look bad if I have an old video card?

No silly, the movie isn't being rendered as you watch...the frames are already rendered...it's just being displayed on your screen.

The intro for the marine reminds me of the intro for Gordon in HL.

I agree...HL was indeed a teleportation experiment. But, didn't Doom have teleporters? I know that there was no beginning story, but I believe later it was explained in the third episode that the demons had opened a portal to Earth. I don't think HL was totally original in their concept...they did do a nice job of it though. It also appears that Doom3 will contain a fairly long initial cut sequence similar to HL. No matter, to me idsoftware had everything in this genre first before any others.

Let's Rock!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo