Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

126. Re: oh, Jethro... Jul 27, 2004, 02:51 Camaro76

Here's a quick tip on that (in case you don't already know this): if you're buying a little MIG machine for yourself, don't go for the cheap ones that can only use the flux core wire - in other words, they don't need the bottled gas. Believe me, it's worth the extra trouble and $$ to rent a small bottle of gas. That flux core wire is crap.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D'OH!!! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Well, my reasoning was this - I don't know how much welding I'll be doing after the panels are done, so I didn't want to sink too much into a welder that wouldn't be getting any use (though I could always eBay it I guess). I didn't want to rent one because by the time I get good enough to actually do a decent job, I could have just taken the money and bought the equipment instead. And the guys around here that can do bodywork are usually booked solid, and again, for what these guys charge I could just get the equipment and try it myself. Plus it makes a nice skill to have just in case...

I was debating on whether or not to go with the gas. I'll slap myself later.

Other than that - practice, practice, practice.

Heh, I'll have to take a pic of my first trial runs... damn videos make it look so easy!

DO NOT LICK THE ORANGE METAL!!!!

What, it doesn't tingle like pressing a 9-volt battery to your tongue?

---------------------------------------------
[No pixels were harmed in the making of this post.]

--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo