Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Patch fixs Jun 24, 2004, 16:20 kanniballl

you are stuck with the units they give you in each mission, and there is no Skirmish mode?

No, you are not stuck with the units they give you.
Yes, there is skirmish mode.

Instead of "building" units, like traditional RTS, you essentially "buy them" by "calling for reinforcements."

Example, you start off with a number of units, a drop-point, and "experience points." You can "buy" moer units with your "experience points," and they are delivered via drop-ship to your selected drop-point.

You earn more experience points for taking over objectives, other drop points, or just kicking the opponents ass.

You can upgrade your dropship. It can only carry a finite amount of cargo (more advanced units take more room), and travels slow, etc. You can supe-up the cargo room, speed, armor, etc of your dropship using experience points to make your game easier.

I think it's alright. It's more watered down than, let's say, StarCraft. I kinda miss building-up multiple bases around resources and defending them. But once you get past that, the games alright.

And yes, there is skirmish mode.

Pentium 4, 2.4GHz w/ 533Mhz FSB
1024MB PC2700 Crucial RAM
ATI Radeon 9800XT
Windows XP Pro
This comment was edited on Jun 24, 16:21.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo