Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

68. Re: no RIP for Ronald Reagan? Jun 7, 2004, 15:27 SmyTTor

Aside from your snarky [sic] comment, you said nothing of substance.

Prolonged Cold War? Who can say, really? I don't think so, however bankrupting the Soviet Union wasn't exactly the plan they had in mind. (Citing the Washington Post or Times is bad enough not to need a response.)

"Unemployment, the poverty rate, interest rates and inflation all dropped under Reagan. The economy experienced the then-longest peace-time expansion since the end of WWII. "

How can I put this, ah yes, bullshit After the incredible lows of his first term, the largest deficit and decline in history (up until that point) there wasn't exactly anywhere else to go but up, yes? He still finished off his 2 terms worse off than when he came into office. Peace-time, um, Cold War (even though it wasn't a war) and the hell we put South Americans and middle eastern people through. Admittedly people didn't KNOW at the time, but that is hardly peace-time. You have some very creative interpretations of history I must say.

How about going to whitehouse.gov and looking at the information for past presidents. Look especially at the comparisons of the presidents. Notice anything? Like the past 5 republican presidents all had negative effects by the ends of their terms, and that, horror of horrors, Clinton is at the head of every category- economy, job growth, deficit reduction, foreign policy, environmental reform, etc.

I've read a lot of non-US history books. You'd probably love to read the UN report on Nicaragua, considering how badly it condemned Reagan's actions. Change the names and countries of origin and you would think the US is a rogue nation.

Again, the guy was a great actor/speaker. He was also a horrible president.

Being that you used the whole lefty-democrat spiel with a complete lat of facts and only sideways slanted speech, I won't wait for your reply

BTW- in American we're allowed to call the man on his past actions, dead or alive. I'm sure you love to speak of Clinton's personal life.

Damn, I better take a bit to distance myself from Halsy now

EDIT- I didn't mention Carter, he wasn't a very good president, however I'm was reversing the Hannity mentality here. If you listen to Rush or any of the Neo crew, you should at least listen to Air America to regain your sanity, and that goes for all the damn Democrat wagon riders who make inane statements that are as unsubstantiated as their opposition.

I do admit, the Neos are far more fun to listen to
This comment was edited on Jun 7, 15:34.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo