Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: I think May 12, 2004, 04:24 Snowlock

I'm not sure why people thought KotOR was so good. It was a simplistic game which took little effort to make it through even on high difficulty settings. It was a huge financial success... why? Because it provided an immersive world for CONSOLE game players to get in on. For those of us in PC land, this is nothing new and it was executed poorly. But I suppose that is run of the mill by now with ported games. The only ported game that I can even remember which was worth playing (without the huge disappointment) was Halo. And the novelty factor of that was dulled by the enormous wait time for it on PC.
The Baldur's Gate series were great. Nonlinear story and the ability to just wander. They packed so much into them it was great fun to play and it took a very long time to make it through. NWN.. eh. It was pretty. But it didn't have the same effect as Baldurs Gate. It needed the other party members in my opinion. The party management was a crucial factor in the RPG format.
I know it wasn't bioware's but it was mentioned... Lionheart was horrible. A game shouldn't be boring. And you shouldn't have to GUESS where the exits (or entrances) to a screen are. It was boring. Very boring.
Bioware has had a huge success with their foray into the console market, I just hope they don't forget that their core fans who made them what they are are from the PC market. (although I still hold them and all others involved accountable for the death of TORN <sigh>) Hopefully their upcoming RPGs will kick ass. The market has been barren of decent ones of late.

This comment was edited on May 12, 04:25.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo