Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

38. Re: Valve Apr 18, 2004, 02:55 ShakyJake

Well, they probably should never have even mentioned that they were continuing work on the game at this point. Of course, they haven't exactly even said that, either, we're sort of inferring it by the lack of a flat-out refusal to call it a "dead" project.

What I think is sort of funny about this is just how close it was made out to being done and ready for shipping. I have my own long un-fulfilled pre-order, and the game was even featured on the cover of one of the PCgamer magazine issues! That the game had ever been developed on the Q3 engine has to be seen as not likely at all, since TF2, Q3, and UT were all supposed to be competitors with the same release date. We all know how that race turned out...

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it disturbing that among all the noncommital tidbits dropped on the game over the past few years, not a one of them has been attributed to Robin Walker? Gabe Newell might be the head honcho at Valve, but Walker and his team were the folks who were responsible for TF1, and who had been "acquired" by Valve for work on TF2. A very vocal person in the TF2 community right up until the sudden media blackout, the fact that he hasn't been linked to any TF2 news in about three years makes me wonder if he's even still part of the project.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo