Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

106. "Useless" copy protection Apr 10, 2004, 19:54 Mr. Bigs

Man, some people need to get a grip. Saying copy protection's useless is the about ignorant. I've never copied a protected game, nor have I downloaded warez. But I myself can say I'm responsible for handing out my games to people. I remember when I bought UT. I gave that game out to about 20 or so friends and school-mates(sorry guys). But that's just little 'ol me. Keep counting people who've done the same, and it really adds up. I'm not arguing the fact that these copy protection schemes are getting out of hand. I'm just saying that it's there for a reason, and a damn good one. If we were to just stop copy protection, there'd be more copied games being played than originals. It's happened in the past, and that's why copy protection is here to stay. Now, you want something to yell about? Howabout valve thinking their game is so godly, they want you to be online to authenticate every time you play! Now thats one big steaming pile of BS!

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 19:58.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo