Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: This time around... Feb 4, 2004, 09:26 Dr.Haggard

Once I learned about and started using the jump-over swipe, I realized how incredibly simple and pointless the combat was

Actually what I thought was really good about the combat design was that things like the jump over attack were great when you learned them, and you felt all powerful for a while, until you started meeting enemies who countered it every time and knocked you down.

Later in the game the real fun for me was fighting multiple aggressive enemies, blocking, switching opponents, using the block and retrieve and the wall jump thing etc, using the surroundings to your advantage and using different tactics for each type of enemy and so on. I thought it was pretty fun and was one of the many strong points of the game. It could have been a lot worse.

As far as the platform is concerned, I would have bought it for the Xbox if it wasn't for the fact that the PC version came out two months ahead of it over here due to a temporary PS2 exclusivity deal, but I picked up a special PC edition that came with a Thrustmaster analog pad so I was happy enough.

Next up, Knights of the Temple. Really looking forward to that.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo