Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

167. Assalicious Jan 13, 2004, 16:34 SH33P

""That was no firefight,

that was a couple a guys in millions of dollars of futuristic wartime hardware annihilating three human beings. I mean the first guy was completely removed from the face of the Earth in an instant. If they had a potential "weapon" the guns of the chopper could have easily annihilated that rather than the human beings. That thing tore through the truck like it was paper and turned the first victim into confetti. Come to think of it, the only thing they destroyed was the people and not the weopons. They shot through a truck just to get the guy. Their intent was to kill and not to defend themselves. ""

I'm going to unwisely assume that video came from the gun camera of a US helicopter and that those soldiers(?) on the ground were hostile. But, those soldiers(?) on the ground in that video might have killed one, or more than one US soldier. It could have been me or my friends. Let's not pretend that those guys got lost out there and had no direct involvement in killing US troops. Kill or be killed on the battefield would be my way of thinking if I were there. Yes, that video does point out the enormous difference in technology, tactics, and maybe doctrine. But would you pick a fight with the biggest kid on the block and not expect to get your ass kicked?
I always considered myself almost unfairly cold toward anyone who might have deserved it. I've never killed anyone and don't plan on it. But we're all adults here and whether or not you would have done things differently out there, you're where you are today because of those men that DID make the call.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo