Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

84. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2003, 16:34 Miles

Istari asked "Why do good games not sell??"

I work in retail, selling games. There are two things going on here. First, as the number of people playing video games grows, the majority of the newer gamers are interested in shorter games. I've had these conversations many times, and the reality is that most people don't have the time or interest in spending more than 20 hours on a game. Think about how much free time you have when you are working full time, have family responsibilities, etc. Fifty hour epic games just aren't realistic.

The second issue is related to the above. The vast majority of the growth in gaming is happening on the console side. That's just reality. Consoles represent 80% of the gaming market. When you invest millions of dollars and years of work, you can tell me why you would ignore that market in favor of the PC market.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo