Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. so dearly sorry Dec 8, 2003, 22:25 Max

I just wanted to thank the Black Isle Studios team for one of the greatest series of games of late 90s... I still haven't played the fallouts...i have the cd for 2, will get to it, I promise...but in addition, the two Icewind dale games, and their masterpiece, Planescape: Torment, which is possibly the greatest game of all time. You guys raised games to art; I sincerely believe that Torment was a literary achievement. It was a work of true greatness. Everyone else--please play this if you haven't.

It is a real debacle that we should have game studios like this and looking glass going down on either side; I don't know what to blame--consoles, changing tastes, the chronic unprofitability of great games. But Black Isle is proof that the greatest games of all time will appear most frequently on the PC and that they will often be underappreciated in their own time.

It was with great sadness that I read this.

I hope each and everyone of their employees finds work and continues to spread their genius.

Have wonderful holidays, all of you.

Yours sincerely,

Max

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo