Why not go with the 5950 instead? I'm actually considering the 5700 for my next upgrade (from a 4200). It's pretty good compared to the ATi cards of the same price range. I never buy the most expensive model. I'm planning on waiting to upgrade just after Doom3 or HL2 come out though so the prices are lower.. and I don't need a faster card now anyways. Hmm, unless X2 runs sluggish for me.