Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

334. Re: No. 327 Nov 25, 2003, 21:58 MeatForce

Personally, I have no real trouble imagining that in the future world of Deus Ex, they have invented this type of ammo. All weapons except the knife and the baton use mutating nanobot ammo, I imagine to myself. No sweat.

HOWEVER (and I know it's a silly debate, but I'm finding it somewhat more entertaining than the demo, ATM)

I have a very hard time immagining that the manufacturers of said ammo - and the weapons which use it - wouldn't still be delivering it to the consumer in some sort of easily-installed cartridge form. Something that's also easy to sell and distribute. To me, it just makes sense in a universe where soy-food is still sold in tidy foil packets.

I would also imagine that, much as is the case today, the design considerations for the weapons would naturally influence the form-factor of the ammo they use.

Otherwise, I have to imagine that weapons in the future use only ONE standard interface for ammo supply, and that the chosen standard is some sort of strange nano-conduit flowing through the users fingers (or from a belt, or via 802.11g, or whatever).

The only way I can see that being plausible at all is if ALL weapons were manufactured by only one interest, and I don't know of any evidence to support that idea in the DX universe.. REMEMBER: these guys have gone on at great length about how "true-to-life" this universe is meant to be, and this gameplay mechanic made PERFECT sense in the first installment. I am willing to accept that in the span of time between the two games, significant advancements have been made in weapons ammo, but nothing about the way these advancements are being presented to me feels the least bit plausible.

To make matters worse, there is an item in the demo labeled "Ammo Clip", however it's one-size fits-all -- as we well know. Sorry, but until somebody tells me where the "recepticle" is that my character slots that into on his body, I'd prefer to think he's shoving it into the gun, thx.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 22:00.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo