Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: I liked it... alot Nov 22, 2003, 02:52 Scottish Martial Arts

The first 5 minutes of playing the demo I thought it sucked. Sucked hard. Then I found out new things and got more used to controls/features. I personally don't see that it was "dumbed down" like everyone says. Yes, it clearly IS made to work on a console as well, but I don't think that automatically means its been dumbed down. The graphics amazed me. Alot of people have had problems with them but they looked fine to me. Shadows and lighting were both done extremely well and models were good enough. Not great but certainly everyone you meet looks very unique and easy to tell apart which I really like. Everyone has their own style, it's not just different shades of white/brown.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. I'm willing to be that those who say the demo sucked immediately went and killed Saks (struggling with the interface along the way) talked to Sid, ended the level and uninstalled. If you actually explore, talk to people, read books, listen to the news terminal, and do the sidequest two things will result: 1) the interface and controls really arn't bad at all once you get used to them and 2) the game is far more detailed than the original both in terms of environmental detail and the gameplay that can emerge.

I currently only have enough money to buy one game, during the first five minutes of playing this demo I was tempted to say fuck it and go buy KotOR, after getting used to the interface however I preordered my copy of DXIW. Bring on the full version of the game of the year.

Also to those who will claim they explored and it still took them 15 minutes: what faction is the oriental woman who talks to you on your infolink at the beginning of the level associated with? That information is in there, maybe you should look for it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo