Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Does anyone... Nov 4, 2003, 15:29 DrEvil

Supporting a game like this costs a lot of money, especially with the amount of community resource support they give which I might add is almost more than other company. They provide forums, internal file format information, contests, guild systems, new content and other things.

"Get with the times" is an insult to any game developer really. I don't hear you complaining about Valve requiring one CD key per gamer as they are now. Same with many other games.

The whole point of NWN is mainly the multiplayer and module component, giving away a free copy for every copy purchased doesn't even make good fiscal sense. Which is basically what you're proposing. Before you argue that War3 is the same way, I think Blizzard would disagree.

You also have to realize that Blizzard sells at least 3+ million copies of their games because real time strategy games are very popular. So they can afford to 'give away' free copies esentially by letting you do multiple clients per CD key, although there is a limit (3 or 4 I think per key).

Role Playing Games do not sell even nearly as much as that typically so it's a lot harder for them to afford the support and other resources you so readily dismiss.

Chances are you, like most people can afford the 2nd copy, you just don't want to have to purchase it. Make a few less visits to <insert favorite place to eat here> and eat at home instead or few less visits to the worthless drivel that's showing at places that dare to call themselves 'theatres'. Learn the value of a <insert monetary dollar standard here>.

This comment was edited on Nov 4, 15:30.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo