Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Boycot Steam Oct 9, 2003, 14:33 Guano

I can careless what happens to HL2 or Valve. I canceled my Preorder because of STEAM. The only not so original thing Steam seems to offer is another IM client on my systray eating more of my system resourses (wich we all pay for) and giving another software publisher a hook into my machine and wallet (Like Microsoft or AOL). Content and security can be handled within the game. Plus I feel Steam is putting the counter strike community Six feet under even faster with the introduction of Steam. Check the numbers of people playing CS on gamespy and you will see a dramatic decrease in numbers. Plus Steam makes alot of the older machines not be able to play CS any longer even though they meet all the system requirements at the time of original purchase. VALVE SEEMS ANYTHING BUT COMMUNITY ORIENTATED ACCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO NEEDING OUR HELP WITH THERE STUPIDITY. Like the big software developers I have worked for try putting your development on a completely isolated network (NO WIRE TO THE OUTSIDE)and give your people a seprate maching connected to the outside world for communication. That makes any data xfer have to use the 10 finger method. THIS IS STANDARD PER MY EXPERIENCE, WHERE HAVE YOU GUYS BEEN! With the level of inteligence Valve has shown I would also be very concerned about the Security for STEAM more than I would be for HL2. Maybe they left a big back door to your machine (IS THE STEAM SOURCE CODE SAFE).

SEAN

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo