Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Flashlight Sep 23, 2003, 11:26 Ihya

'This ended the "game" portion of our demonstration, and Willits wrapped things up by booting up a small tech demo that consisted of a room with a tower of 100 boxes stacked on top of each other. As Willits shot out one of the boxes near the bottom, the entire stack collapsed, with boxes falling and bouncing in different ways. Reloading the level and then spawning a humanoid model into the room, Willits then picked up the body and swung it into the stack, causing the boxes to fall yet again and bounce off the body in various ways.'

Heh, for all the 'we don't worry about what the competition is up to. I'm sure their game will be great too' I've heard from both valve and id this smells alot like 'anything you can do...'

To be honest, this is what healthy competition is all about. I have a hunch feeling that id had no real intention of implimenting such gameplay until HL2 showcased which is why we're seeing it so late in the dev cycle. Both games will sell bucketloads, but perhaps one will be remembered as one of those defining advances in gameplay above the other, and perhaps why id are doing this now.

--------------------

A stitch in time would have confused Einstein.

Steven Wright

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo