Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

152. Re: eh? Jul 28, 2003, 20:03 ReDeeMeR

lol DrEvil am I an idiot just because you're a clueless lil teenie prick who only listens to what greedy game companies tell ya?

How do you "optimize" for the most popular desktop cpu's or motherboards eh genius? There is no way, unless you have different architecture, but todays hardware does not differ, all cpu's are x86 all graphics cards work under directx/open gl.

You might want to make different path's for each video card/cpu/sound card but then again if developer/publisher's are all greedy they'll just cry and release crap in beta state.
I can undirstand when small devs have probs with funding, but this goes to big ass companies who really dont have problems with $$$ like EA.

All the crap they bable about "optimizations" is just amount of bugs they remove, just like drivers, they wont magically "optimize" them for all games, but few and most of the time quality suffers, because you cant have faster without sacrifising anything, unless there was a big and you kill it and make the process go faster.

This comment was edited on Jul 28, 20:11.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo