Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: What is the reason to upgrade hardware these days? Nov 22, 2012, 23:40 2nd_floor

I think even Crysis 2 was designed for consoles and then at some point written to run on the PC. It didn't push PC hardware anything like Crysis 1 did. Crysis 2 felt like a low blow to PC gamers!

GTA V is going to run on current consoles, so it won't be different than GTA IV graphically or hardware use wise. This is going to be disappointing! On PC, history has been so that sequels of games had better and better graphics, physics, sound, etc...!! It drove the hardware vendors to make better and better hardware!

It is almost not worth it to spend $3000 on a new PC or $1000 on a video card upgrade(s) in this day of gaming. Is there a game out there that can use 4+ GHz of CPU? And 12+ GBs RAM?

BF3 is one maybe. Far Cry 3 looks to use modern hardware, but again, 5 years ago, most games used top hardware instead of only a few. Is $1000 or $3000 worth it for 2/5 games?

What games will require/recommend a GTX600 series over a GTX500 (and maybe even GTX400) series card for example, or even make full use of a 600 series card? Where is the demand to upgrade? A mid range video card, and 6-8GBs (half the amount of system RAM that we buy), will do just fine for a good portion of games today maybe? This hasn't always been the case I think.

I guess also console HDDs are quite small, 40GBs, 60 maybe. I think later releases of the consoles had larger HDDs. But if you only have a small HDD, then you can only have 3 maybe 4 of today's large size games! Or do consoles read from DVDs entirely? That would be slower.

Do console owners have laptops that they use for web browsing and ripping music etc. And then consoles for gaming? Or are the consoles meant to replace every aspect of PCs?

Frustrating for PC gamers who want their new fast fun hardware used properly.

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 2012, 16:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo