Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Terraria Aug 19, 2011, 11:16 Dades

Beamer wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 15:21:
Not really seeing how any of this is different than MineCraft, only there doesn't seem to be the Lego aspect. So basically it's all the tedium of MineCraft.

Terraria isn't Minecraft, you need to stop playing it like it is. They have common characteristics but different goals and implementations. For starters, make a small world because a big one will be too overwhelming for you.

Like any game these days with building mechanics, shelter first. There are some rules to a shelter, it should have walls and background walls. You can craft the latter by making a bench out of wood. Most people add some doors and torches too. Make sure you replant your trees because they're a somewhat finite resource. Lay it down near the spawn point, you can change that later on by crafting a bed. You can build other shelters nearby so that NPCs like shop keepers can move in. There are a lot of weapons and treasure to be found in the world so the early game should be spent exploring after getting the basics down. You get more life by finding heart containers and you will come across treasure chests in natural cavern systems underground.

What am I missing. What should I be doing? Does combat ever get better than clicking on an enemy and seeing a sword do a circle that hopefully hits the enemy? Can you ever jump better (the jump feels so horrible in this game!)

There is nothing wrong with the combat or jumping but both get enhanced through items. You make a better sword that swings in an arc instead of a jab. Get a machine gun later if you don't like the melee weapons. You can find items that allow you to fly or double jump. You craft a grappling hook. There are floating islands, a dungeon, a goblin army might invade, you will find hell lives up to its name and much more. There is a lot to do in the game but like any game it requires you to pick up the basic game mechanics first.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2011, 11:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo