Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

On Alan Wake 2 PC

A post to a thread called "Can we get a straight answer about the PC version?" on the Alan Wake Community Forums has a response to concerns on that topic from Remedy Entertainment's Markus Maki. The vagueness of his response is not very reassuring for PC gamers concerned they won't get to play Remedy's upcoming psychological thriller (which Remedy says is the first season of a bigger story), on their chosen platform:

Hey all,

I'm a PC gamer at heart (have a Core i7, Radeon 4890, 5.1 audio setup at home) so I do appreciate your concerns.

Unfortunately all I can say at this point is that we're focusing all our efforts on the 360 version and will be making comments in regards to the PC at a later in time.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

50. Re: On Alan Wake 2 PC Jul 8, 2009, 12:50 Deathbishop

I sure as hell don't appreciate it and I don't have to accept it

Maybe so, but you do have to move on from it. Because it's not going to change, now or in the forseeable future. I'm a PC gamer, but I'm not blind to the reality and the reality is that a developer makes a ton more money on a console than they do on a PC. Bitching and whining (which I see every time a news item like this pops up on this site) isn't going to change anything. I'm surprised people post as if it's some great tragedy the PC doesn't get as much exclusives, like this is 1995 or something.

I can see why console players think of PC players as elitist. We have this idea that we should get every game under the sun because it used to be that way once upon a time. It's not that way anymore.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2009, 12:51.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo