Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

DDO Unlimited Plans

Turbine announces upcoming changes planned for Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited (DDO Unlimited), and sends along a reminder that players interested in beta testing the free-to-play version of DDO can do so on the official website. Here are the new features:

» New Player Class: Players can now create characters using DDO Unlimited’s newest class, Favored Soul. Favored souls draw on divine magic to both heal and destroy. Like clerics, favored souls have access to powerful healing spells, but they are also more skilled with weapons than any other spell caster. Like sorcerers, they get a larger number of spell points than other spell casters and cannot freely switch spells at taverns or rest shrines.

» Raised Level Cap: Players can now advance to 20th-level under the D&D® rules. This includes access to new arcane and divine spells, new character abilities, feats, and skills.

» New Adventure Packs:

o The Plane of Battle -- Players can now travel to the Plane of Shavarath and explore a large wilderness area as they try to infiltrate several fortresses and upset the carefully laid plans of the Devils.

o The Crime Syndicate -- Coin Lord Yorrick Amanatu, who controls the Stormreach Guard, wants players to help him eliminate the growing Sharn Syndicate presence in Stormreach.

» The Fiercest Combat – This update introduces some exciting enhancements to DDO’s extraordinary combat experience including a new combat feedback and smart targeting system that gives players even more information and control that lets them fully engage in the battle by relying on their wits and reflexes in real time.

» Mind-blowing Visuals – Explore DDO’s vivid and dangerous online world featuring some of the most advanced graphics in the industry with the fully deployed DX10 technology that brings the world to life.

» The Return of the Marketplace! – Last year, Turbine held a spectacular live in-game event that resulted in the complete destruction of the Stormreach Marketplace. The Coin Lords have completed their beautification project and the once desolated Market has been restored to its days as a center for trade, entertainment, and welcome to all who come to Stormreach!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

5. Re: DDO Unlimited Plans Jun 24, 2009, 16:01 Undocumented Alien

Valid points Stormsinger. They do make it look and feel like they *should* be saying "unrestricted", but that's why marketers make good coin I guess.

So, they had and lost me in one reading. Was hoping for this to be more like, buy the DDO client, play "unrestricted" with VIP's getting perks to justify their monthly's (which I can totally understand), buy modules/expansions to further your quests and Turbines profits... I guess like Guild wars.

As far as Flagshipped, sure, there was a SP component that was buggy as crap and WAY behind the online patches, as well, if you wanted to play coop, which is what is really fun about a "diablo" type game, then you HAD to go online. Then you had the free vs subscriber war.

Anyways, got caught up in the marketing BS and misinterpreted the "plan". Thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding. It is a cute ploy to get more people on the servers for sure, but, if you never really plan to go beyond paying for the client and Modules/Expansions (ala GW) then I don't see the point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo