Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer

A post on Ecto-Web analyzes the Ghostbusters: The Video Game specs, pointing out that Windows is the only one of the game's platforms other than the DS that's not getting multiplayer co-op, a shortcoming that's also highlighted on Co-Optimus. Thanks Gary.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

60. Re: No Ghostbusters PC Multiplayer Jun 15, 2009, 15:23 Dots

You are skipping the most disturbing part of PC software, all the crazy newfangled ideas and obstructionware that gets used! While DRM is going out of style in some places after wreaking crazy damage to many PC gamer's desire to play PC games, they are moving on to either full force Steam, DUCk or both! That's Downloaded Unlocked Content. The newest schtick to get you to buy a half burned game and download the other half, or at least unlock it. WHY would I want to pay 1k-3k for a rig to put up with crap like that? So I can see my in game characters shrink when I crank up the res. They look real good I am sure, if they were not the size of ants! Crazy
Are you insane or something? I'm not sure, I know I'm flaming but this crap you wrote is inane console fanboi crap of the highest degree.

PCs have DRM? You don't say. Consoles have unavoidable disc checks. It's the exact same thing. PCs have downloadable games that may depend on internet services? Wow, so do consoles. The difference is, on the PCs, the DRM code if you really need to do it-is generally bypassable and it's not on the consoles.

Of course, consoles have it grrrrrreat as DRM is concerned, remember how buying anything on XBox Live is tied to your account to the point where after disc data transfer you wouldn't be able to play them offline anymore? I don't know if they fixed it, but the fact is: console DRM is much, much worse than PC DRM for the most part and the only reason why you don't riot at it is because it's slightly less obvious.
You missed the entire point of that paragraph. On PC's now, everyone has a service, set of hoops, and log in crap to subject to the end user just so they can use the play the damn game. Consoles are the most painless and speedy to get updates.

Why would I want to part with 1k-3k worth of cash for a PC just to subject myself to that kind of scrutiny just for games that are majorly console ports? I mean seriously? I know good shooters and some of the Steam stuff is good times for PC gamers that like the community there, and that's great if you are in to that. I out grew FPS shooter marathons 10 years ago. I just had done it for so long it became repetitive no matter what the new flavor of the year was (i.e. burnout on the whole concept). But many still like it, more power to them. Other than that, you got MMOS and well. more console ports!
It's nice to hear what you enjoy and what you don't enjoy, it's not relevant to the situation other people have. Action games and JRPGs are much more monotonous and repetitive than any of those "shooter marathons". It's just how it is. And "console ports"? How about we talk how consoles have technically substandard games? Why does being a port matter if there is a better experience to be had on the PC?
You are thinking last years styles, not the stuff coming down the pipe. Watch FF14, DC Universe, Champion's Online when they come out. Going to be better sub rate than any MMO besides WoW I bet, atleast one of them will.

I just remembered back to a dude when I was playing EQ, he was using a game pad for everything. He would run in circles until he could turn autorun off when you would say something to him. Pretty damn funny.

I expect RTS games to catch on eventually. It's a large change in control method. A lot like getting people to play shooters with a pad instead of a mouse. Hell even I didn't want to do it for the longest, but now it's second nature. Just like shooters, it will happen for RTS.

I hope Aspyr keeps promoting no DRM disc based games because I will keep grabbing them. Anything else other than SC2 and D3 will need to go console to grab my cash if they are using DRM, DUC, or other shennanigans.
Yep, the whole industry will hop up and down at the whim of consoles. The fact is, there is just nowhere enough of an audience on the consoles to validate the existence of RTS and MMO titles there. Champions Online 360 launch has been postponed to some indeterminate time beyond the PC release, and the only game that will properly get subscriptions from the console side is FF14, but given FF11's subscriber base it's not going to be significant.

So please, stop making pointless arrogant, FUD-filled posts filled with inane drivel on the topic of DRM, especially.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo