Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, I accomplished my birdfeeder project over the weekend but it was perfect timing to mention it and the whole squirrel situation yesterday, as all day I got to experience the impact of rodents on a feeder. First I found the feeder on the ground, as even though I installed a swivel, a screwed together part came unscrewed. I replaced it (and all the spilled feed), and a little later it happened again. Hmmm. I fixed it again, and made sure these parts were screwed together tighter, so next time I checked, the ring that holds the top in place was still hanging, and the feeder was again on the ground, so clearly the squirrels have already learned right is tight and left is loose, as they were deliberately unscrewing it. I tightened that screw further, and the feeder has stayed in place since, but I have seen a (chubby) squirrel working on it again a couple of times already. I had a conversation with him this morning about not knocking the feeder over, but I'm not sure he understood.

Squirrely Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Autobot Stronghold.
Infinite Mario Bros.
Links: Life In A Game. A web-based series about living in a video game.
Stories: Israel woman bins $1m in mattress.
Man found dead mouse in malt loaf.
Venezuela bans Coke Zero, cites "danger to health". Or to cane sugar sales.
Science: Hummingbirds 'faster than jets'.
Study: Earth May Collide With Another Planet. Thanks theAntiELVIS.
Periodic table gets a new element.
Media: Dog That Jumps Rope, and More.
Heinz Stopmotion Beatbottle.
The Song of the Count - Lemon Demon Version. Thanks Kxmode.
Follow-ups: 3 Designers + 4 Days + Lots of Sweat =Omaha Beach Recreation.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

16. Re: Squirrels Jun 11, 2009, 18:36 banddirector

I'm surprised Batman hasn't chimed in here. Doesn't he refer to squirrels as Tree Rats?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo