Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Don't know if anyone else was watching Life on Mars, but I thought it wrapped up in a pretty cool way. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have liked the resolution as much if the show had gone on for years, so maybe it all was for the best. The show also ended an odd week of Dean Winters sightings, as he played little Sam's dad in the Life on Mars finale after popping up again the week before on both 30 Rock and The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

Wintery Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Civiballs.
Plazma Burst.
Two Rooms.
Stories: Pets, owners challenged by increasing allergies. Yup.
Man Coughs Up Nail Stuck In His Nose For 30 Years. Thanks theAntiELVIS.
Science: Signals could be from dark matter.
Jupiter's stormy Great Red Spot is shrinking.
Auctions: Wendy's Bid for Value. Reverse auctioning gaming goodies today.
NASA - Atlantis on the Launch Pad. Thanks Jim.
Media: 17 Memorable Game Explosions.
100 Seinfeld quotes set to music.
Ridiculous Red Band Trailer for Bruno! NSFW. Thanks dakslf.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2009, 16:41 Creston

"Don't know if anyone else was watching Life on Mars"

It only ran for 17 episodes, so apparently not.

At least they FINISHED it (from what I can tell.)

I never watch a first season of a show anymore because I'll get invested in it, and then the fucking network cancels it after five episodes and you're left with a completely unfinished story. And if there's one thing I hate it's an unfinished story. I doubt I'm the only one who feels this way.

They should make series that have a definite story in season 1, and allow the whole season to finish. Then if it gets enough viewers, make a second season and write a new story, basically. (or a follow-up, whatever.)

I think more people would watch new shows if they knew it would be on for at least a season and would wrap up the major points of the story at that point.

As it is now with TV shows, it's basically like buying a book and hoping all the pages are there. (And in most cases they aren't.)

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo