Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MS: Windows 7 to be "Great for Games"

"Windows 7 will be great for games, undoubtedly," is the unequivocal quote from Microsoft's Chris Lewis on GamesIndustry.biz, saying: "It's all good news - it's even more robust, it's quicker relatively, and the early testing cycles are proving very promising overall." He promises they will have more to say on the topic later in the year, reaffirming their commitment to PC gaming and the Games for Windows program. He states: "Ultimately we're a Windows and PC company at heart, and that's not going to change, and the development on both platforms will remain central and important. The business ebbs and flows, and there will be times when we do more on one platform than the other, but they do co-exist very nicely, and as a company we're in a pretty unique position that we have a strong legacy on PC."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

108. Re: Win7 & Games Feb 25, 2009, 17:29 Tumbler

Vista doesn't "suck for games", and even when benchmarks show XP eeking it out by a couple FPS, it doesn't validate that false claim

But it costs money. It costs $100 at least and gives you almost nothing... And everyone has XP already so when a new game comes out it would be ridiculous to think that people would say, "I want a copy of Vista so this game will really shine!" It's expensive, and you get almost the same things XP gives you for free... (I'm assuming everyone has a copy of XP already so this would not be a cost incurred)

It feels like someone trying to sell me the Game of the Year edition of a game I already own. Call of Duty 4 Game of the Year is the newest version! You need this! But I already have call of duty 4...No you need this NEW one! But it's the same game I already have with a new box! Well look at this call of duty world at war!!!! (aka 5) You need this! Look how much better it is! It looks kind of like the game I already play but different graphics/weapons...

For a price like $50 or so I'd upgrade. That is about I'll i'm willing to spend on a new OS. And it's very possible i'll just shelf it and go back to XP if it gives me too many issues. (Kind of like PC games, I know when I buy them there is the distinct possibility that they will be piles of shit that will simply be tossed aside and forgotten)

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo