Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Game Reviews Feb 18, 2009, 12:25 Creston

More secret text!

Ack, i hope you are wrong, because i definitely rather take the apocalypse than killing alma (atleast the 2 cute versions) ;

Well, at some point you're probably going to have to kill her. Storywise the idea that Alma would just be out there would eventually lead to the total extinction of the human race, since she can't control her hatred.
Unless, ofcourse, they come up with some "point-man rejoins alma and they both find peace" storyline. Which would work too.

Mhh but you have a good point, i wish the dialog alma says would have been subtitled, because with all the crap happening everytime she says something i miss 99% of it, including the intel at the end with the kinetic info (darn it!)

There is a thread on the projectorigin spoiler forums called "decypher Alma's lines" or something. They unpacked all her wave files and have listened to her lines, so they've made some pretty good headway into identifying all her comments in-game.

Now i guess you have explained everything pretty well, still i hope you are wrong ,p Speaking of wrong, why did alma kill the chair-mutant thing where you first encounter the replicas of armacham (in those pods coming from the floor?) Was it to punish him for attacking you? Or was it for something else? And who activates them in that cellar? Alma? Why?

Yeah it's for attacking you. You'll notice that she lends you a hand multiple times throughout the game. When you're caught in the T.A.C. room, one of the Armacham soldiers hits the tube you're in, and almost immediately Alma comes out and murders the two of them. I THINK she says "Beckett must not die!" at that point.

The replicas in that area were activated by the commander, who was in turn activated by Colonel Vanek.

Mhh i don't know, somehow i got all kind of friendly vibes from alma, she didn't seem like a monster and it felt more like she was protecting you than trying to mind rape you or kill you, except of course where she tried to mind rape and kill you. Heh

She IS protecting you, at least to the extent that she's protecting you from getting killed, because she wants to absorb you. Snakefist isn't lying about that, she attacks you several times herself and you die if you don't defend yourself. I wonder if the end-rape is symbolic for her trying to absorb you, or more of a union. I think it's a union kind of thing, but I could be wrong.

Btw, at some point, Alma actually says. I know. I know what I am. Which to me seems to indicate that she does have some remorse over all the killing she has done. Which in turn leads me to think Fear 3 will have some form of redemption ending.

And I think you're wrong about monolith not really knowing. There are enough subtle clues and little hints that show that whoever was the main writer for this story knows EXACTLY what he's doing and where it's going.

Ofcourse, if Monolith had had the rights to the FEAR title from the start, this game would have probably seen you play as the point-man too, but since they didn't, and they couldn't call it FEAR2, they probably decided that having the lead character from FEAR show up in a game not called FEAR2 might just confuse people.

Creston

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2009, 12:28.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo