Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: Game Reviews Feb 18, 2009, 01:52 Creston

More secret text :

I would imagine that in FEAR 3 you're actually sent AFTER Alma & Beckett's child. A lot of people miss this one, but there is a line in the game where Snakefist says "Who is Alma? She is the Mother of the Apocalypse!"

Now, you can take that metaphorically, and say Alma is One Giant Badass.
OR, you can take it literally, and thus Alma is the MOMMY of the one who will bring devastation to the entire world. Personally I'm in the latter camp. That line is too well placed in the game for it to just be an allegory to the fact that Alma is bad.

I also wouldn't say that Alma is allied with us as in the good guys. I think it's pretty clear in the end that Beckett joins Alma, not the other way around. Whether he actually still exists as an entity or not is hard to say, though I do think he does since he activated the amplifier and thus should be at an almost equal level to Alma.

Also, with regards to Aristide wanting to seal beckett and Alma in together, note that she TURNS OFF the Amplifier in order to be able to do so. She even explains it. Turn off the amplifier, then Beckett has no chance to resist Alma, she will devour him but will be in the cage, and Aristide has her leverage.

However, while she initiates this plan, Beckett actually reaches outside the cage and turns the amplifier BACK ON. I think it's Beckett who actually opens the cage at the end, not Alma.

Even so, there is a bit of Intel right before the amplifier itself that states "The cage is only for level 4 or below, it will NOT hold a level 5 telestenic (?)."
I think it's a fairly sure bet that Alma is a level 5, since she is the most powerful one they've ever had, so any scale would be calibrated with her at the top.

And then there's another piece of Intel you can find somewhere where Snakefist (it may even be the cutscene when you enter the lab under the elementary school) says that Aristide is insane, that HER SCENARIO (ie, entrap Alma by using Beckett as bait) only has a 3% chance of working, and that there is 84% chance of CATASTROPHIC SIDE EFFECTS.

I'd say Beckett and Alma, both equally powerful at that point, having a baby is probably a fairly catastrophic side effect

My guess is Fear3 starts you as point man (from Fear 1), going after Alma, Beckett and Baby Dearest once and for all. Might make for a cool endbattle against Beckett, since you're both pretty 'ard.

As for the joinings, it's hard to make out, but Alma actually says things to each Harbinger member while she's killing them. To griffin she says "I liked you" just before wiping him out. She's trying to merge/rape with any one of them, however some of them aren't strong enough, and others don't want to have anything to do with her (Griffin). Beckett is really not given a choice at the end ofcourse. She basically takes what she wants from him while his mind is fighting Keegan AND trying to reactive the amplifier.

I thought it was a pretty cool ending.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo