Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: Game Reviews Feb 17, 2009, 22:02 Creston

After you see the end, i'd be curious to hear what you make of it, it left me quite confused ;/

I just finished it, it seemed fairly clear to me. I'll put it in secret text (mousedrag over the area below to see it)

Aristide locks you in the Telestenic (?) chamber without actually powering it up, so while you are fighting Keegan to get the chamber powered back up, I'm pretty damn sure that Alma is (urk...) having sex with you. I'd guess that's more of a mental thing than anything, but her movements and grunts/groans seem to indicate that to me. In her mind she might see it as actually physically having sex, but what's probably happening is that she is attuning her mind to yours. (or vice versa)

Once you've killed Keegan and have activated the amplifier, according to Snakefist you are essentially just as powerful as Alma. However, rather than (trying to) destroy her, it seems you join her in a union (name of act 7). You can cleary see she's pregnant, obviously with your kid, and she lets you touch it like she would the father.

Where that will go, I have no idea. I'm guessing a Fear 3 or an expansion where you play as that baby or something?

It seemed fairly straightforward to me. The only thing I kind of dislike about FEAR is that I always feel far more sympathetic to Alma than to anyone else. The scene at the end where Harlan Wade orders the troops to take his 8 year old daughter "Back to the vault!" and she cries and screams, jeez. I wish that old fucker was still alive so I could put a fucking bullet in him.

It would have been cool if there had been an option to fight her or to join her, with two corresponding endings.

All in all, I really enjoyed it, except for the Tram to Still Island part. Yes, fun, let's have 900,000 replica soldiers attack you from all sides without an area of decent cover. Joy...

I'll definitely buy the next chapter, which I hope there will be. I love the story.

Creston

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2009, 22:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo