Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

That was a pretty great game, especially for a Super Bowl, and congrats to the Steelers. I guess six rings goes the old "one for the thumb" line one better, as now they have one for the other hand. From one odd holiday to another, today is Groundhog Day, and according to Groundhog .org, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, leading to six more weeks of winter in this area. I will say I sort of smell a rat in this whole groundhog deal, as the photos here suggest that in order to be timely with this prognostication, they did their checking on this before sunrise, as all the pictures look like they are shot in complete darkness. Perhaps he was just seeing his shadow from the flash of cameras?

R.I.P.: John the toilet laid to rest at Utah restaurant.

Super Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: WiiCade. Thanks Digg.
Twelve Towers.
Divine Generals
Links: Videogame characters that are probably delicious.
Stories: Twins sell Super Bowl parking for cell phones, video games.
Tandem instructor dies mid-jump; other man survives. Thanks Digg.
Enoki mushrooms from Phillips Farms recalled.
Science: Extinct ibex is resurrected by cloning.
‘Fantastic Voyage,’ Revisited - The Pill That Navigates.
Women with large chins are more likely to cheat. Thanks Digg.
Auction: N.J. disc jockey to part with Jenny's number.
APOD- 2009 February 1 - Auroral Corona Over Norway. Thanks Digg.
Media: Streaming Coca Cola Avatar.
The King of Kong- A Fistful of Quarters. NSFW.
David Lynch’s Disturbingly NSFW ST-TNG Remix. Thanks zakk.
The Funnies: Geeked - "Moderation Privileges."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

14. Re: And so it starts..... Feb 2, 2009, 18:01 Warhawk

Let's try a modified, but still true version:

"Our idiot republicans legislators in CA refuse to stop blocking the passage of the budget, so here we go."

The republicans are demanding a budget that has structural fixes in it that would prevent this state from digging itself further into the mess we are in. It is an entirely reasonable demand. The problem is spending, not income. And I have seen no effort by the left to try to remove the current spuermajority voting requirement. The proposed budget fixed none of the problems and just increased taxes, so year after year we would keep getting deeper in debt. I want it fixed and not just passed on to next year. The majority of the legislature (but not quite a supermajority) is democratic; it is up to them to be able to fashion a budget that will pass a vote. The governor has tried to walk down the middle, but the left has been unwilling to listen to the voice of responsibility coming from the right on this issue. Well, now it is coming back to bite us in the ass.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo