Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

We had some snow this morning, and as I was nearing the end of my shoveling, I decided I should be a good neighbor and take care of the sidewalk across the street, as the owner of that house is no kid (and I somehow maintain the illusion that I am). Moments later, however, her lawn service guys showed up, as they apparently also handle her snow duties as well. All of about three minutes later I see the truck drive off, so I figured they had dropped off a crew and would return. As it turns out they were actually already finished... they shoveled her entire walk in the time I managed to clear about a foot of snow, so I guess I don't have a future as a professional shoveler (in fairness, there were a few of them). Anyway, I sure am glad I didn't spend a half-hour on a three-minute job she already paid for.

Shoveled Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: I wish I were the Moon. Thanks Neatorama.
Link: Scrabble-tile keyboard.
Stories: Parrot mimics owner's voice to boss around her other pets.
Supreme court to decide case on school strip search. For Advil.
Explorers reach South Pole target.
Images: $35,000 In Lottery Tickets Used To Create Hummer H3.
Media: Mr. Rogers Talks About Games.
Saturday Night Live - Save Broadway.
Shamwow Parody. NSFW.
Follow-up: Little Debbie peanut butter crackers recalled.
The Funnies: Fox Trot.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2009, 15:14 Bet

who, need I remind you, provided some voice acting for Fallout as well as Planescape Torment.

Keith David rules. His character in Planescape Torment wasn't around long enough, though he did have some interesting twists when he found out who you are. Good times.

Edit: And yeah, it's nice when neighbors want to help each other, even if they don't need the help necessarily.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 2009, 15:16.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo