Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Left 4 Dead

Valve announces that Left 4 Dead is now showing up in retail stores worldwide, following the digitally distributed debut of the multiplayer zombie shooter earlier this week via Steam. In case the game's well-publicized $10 million marketing budget has missed you (I actually haven't seen many mainstream ads for it yet myself), here's a bit on the game: "Set in a modern day survival-horror universe, the game casts you as one of four survivors in an epic struggle against swarming hordes of zombies and terrifying mutants. The four expansive campaigns offer single player and co-operative game modes. Left 4 Dead also features a Versus mode that allows players to take control of one of four types of 'Boss Infected,' with each 'Boss' possessing a mutant ability instead of traditional firearms. In addition, Left 4 Dead offers gamers the chance to go 'behind the scenes' of the making of the game via the 'Director's Commentary' mode."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Left 4 Dead Nov 21, 2008, 19:02 rist3903

I've been on a couple servers where my friends and I want to play on Advanced, but the server's set to Expert. So we do a vote and change to Advanced. But every map change, it switches back to Expert.

I have encountered this! Very annoying, my friends and I are going along thinking everything is going a well and then realize that it is only on advanced.

I am completely digging the random things people say every once in a while. I would repeat the memorable one for me, but don't want to spoil anyone's experience.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo