Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Tomb Raider: Legend for Underworld Prepurchase & Valve Complete

Steam is now offering pre-purchase of Tomb Raider: Underworld through Valve's online service, and those who take advantage of this will receive a free copy of Tomb Raider: Legend to play in the meantime. This is not a buy-before-you-try deal for the next installment in the Tomb Raider series, however, as a playable demo is available. Word is: "For those who pre-purchase and already own Tomb Raider: Legend on Steam, you'll be able to give your free copy to a friend." In other Steam/Valve news, the Valve Complete Pack is now on sale (thanks jimnms), offering the entire Valve catalog (including Left 4 Dead) for $99.99, which is close to 60% off the cost of buying all those games individually. Update: GT points out Tomb Raider: Legend is also free via GameTap.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Free Tomb Raider: Legend for Underworld Prepurchase & Valve Complete Nov 14, 2008, 12:40 vacs

50$?

Why is it that all "big-budget" Steam games are so ludicrous expensive compared to their retail counterparts? Tomb Raider is at least 10$ less expensive if you buy it in a store and you'll get a nice booklet and DVD with it.

Does anybody know the reasoning behind the much more expensive online prices? How does Valve explains this behaviour?

L4D online is 51$ for me. If I order the game through amazon I'll get it for 35$ including shipping... makes no sense for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo