Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So I went to Dr. Toothy on Tuesday expecting a little pain, even though it was just to install my finished crown, as I recalled this might entail this thing they do to surround the base of the tooth with what seems like string to facilitate fitting. It turned out that nothing like this was required, it was just some fitting and gluing, and I was done. On my way out, I recalled another issue from my last check up, as the dentist told me my sole remaining wisdom tooth has a giant cavity in it, and it should be pulled before this turned into a problem. They called over to the oral surgeon, and suddenly I was asked to decide if I should take an appointment just two days hence (which is today). I initially said no, as I wanted to mentally prepare for this, but when talk of scheduling after Thanksgiving came up, I realized this could easily get pushed into next year by holidays and such, and I was not going to be happy if it turned into a toothache in the meantime, so I took the appointment today. Therefore, I think it's only fair to add another possibility to the theories about my dental woes: Maybe it is bad luck, maybe it's genetics, and maybe it is Halloween candy, but in agreeing to this extraction later this morning, just two days after a completely pain-free dentist visit, it may just be that I'm a masochist.

Masochistic Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Darkness Springs.
IncrediBots. Thanks Jay is Games.
Ultimate Gamer Challenge.
Stories: Stuck on tarmac- Airlines not required to help passengers?
Husband's coffin kills woman. Thanks Neatorama.
Wayans Set To Remake "Munsters". I picture the audience running away in fast-motion.
Science: Six Real Gadgets Minority Report Predicted Correctly. Nothing about names carved in wooden balls.
Helicopters collect whale snot from blowholes. Thanks Jim.
Auction: Star Wars Clone Wars TV Act Figs- SIGNED - FOR CHARITY.
Fallout 3 statue auction ends at over $2,500.
Images: First Full Image Of New Star Trek USS Enterprise. Thanks Mark.
Community Chest. Thanks Digg.
iz tryin to get...
Media: Ignored Netflix Movies Fight Back.
Army using virtual games to recruit and teach about war.
Follow-up: Spirit Rover in Trouble. Thanks j.c.f.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2008, 09:16 strich

strich, any recommendations for the sinus infection?

the first round, the doctor put me on Nasacort AQ and told me to take Clairitin and put me on something called Cefdinir. this didn't work. called back yesterday and they put me on Phenyleph. It seems to be working after only a half day. it does make me pretty woozy though, but i actually slept last night and can already tell a difference this morning. Advil cold and sinus seems to work in small spurts (4 hrs) for me as well. I couldn't take the Clairitin because it was giving me migraines. And Zicam nose spray seems to really help quite a bit too.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo