Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hellgate: London Saved?

HellForge, a Blizzard-centric blog, reports the possibility that Hellgate: London may continue on in some form, even though NAMCO BANDAI has announced January 31, 2009 as the last day of service for the action/RPG. They point to an older post on Game Espresso, a blog dedicated to HanbitSoft, that reports: "But the good news is that Hellgate will go on with the new crew. HanbitSoft announced that T3 Entertainment recruited some of the best developers from Flagship Studios, Blizzard and formed a team with developers of their own. They will be carrying on where the last crew left off. Hellgate also decided to go partly FREE in Korea. Don't be too excited. It's not ALL FREE." This lead them to a post on the Korean Hellgate London website, which conjures up an error at this point (we can't figure that out, our Korean is rusty), but they have posted an image of the update, which has a message in English from HanbitSoft and Redbana USA. This leads to speculation that the game may have a future beyond next January for western audiences. The conclusion of this post reads: "More information is forthcoming, in the meantime, stay alert: the Hellgate will soon re-open, and your valor will be needed once again." Thanks N4G.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: Hellgate: London Saved? Oct 28, 2008, 14:05 Undocumented Alien

They should just keep it over in Korea, dumb game it is.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo