Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Far Cry 2

Ubisoft announces that Far Cry 2 is gold, and the now-complete first-person shooter sequel is expected in stores for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on October 21. On a related note, there's a German-language report on PC Games translated from the French Ubisoft Shop suggesting the shooter sequel will use the much reviled SecuROM for copy protection. We have inquired to Ubisoft about this, but have yet to receive a response, we'll post an update if we do. Meantime, here's the description of the game that accompanies the gold announcement: "Developed by Ubisoft Montreal, Far Cry 2 will be the newest innovation from Ubisoft in the world of next-gen first-person shooters. More than just a visual and technological achievement, Far Cry 2 immerses players in an entirely new kind of gaming experience. Running on a tailor-made new gaming engine, Far Cry 2 features non-scripted enemy Artificial Intelligence, entirely destructible environments, dynamic fire and storm effects, and multiplayer gameplay, all in a completely open world 50km2 environment. Players will find themselves immersed in a war-torn, African state, where they will be forced to make deals with corrupt warlords on both sides of the conflict in order to survive and move ever-closer to their primary objective the Jackal. Players must identify and exploit their enemies' weaknesses, neutralizing their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning, and of course brute force."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

33. Re: No subject Oct 14, 2008, 17:07 Krovven

All I can say is, I will cancel my pre-order if I find out there are activation/install limits on Steam.

I sent an email off to Gabe Newell & Doug Lombardi earlier referencing this thread and the one on the Steam forums...no response, not really expecting one on this topic though. They have 6 days for full disclosure before the pre-orders can be canceled...we'll see.

Just for reference, the BIA page on the same website doesn't have the SecuRom disclaimer. Why they would go the route of SecuRom limited activations on Far Cry 2 and not BIA doesn't make much sense.

----------------------------------------------------
The Witcher, GRID, WipeoutHD, NHL 09

PSN= Puscifer73 Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo