Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Q&A

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Q&A on IncGamers chats with Oleg Yavorsky about GSC Game World's new first-person shooter prequel. They discuss how the game's story fits in with Shadow of Chernobyl, differences in zones, AI improvements, lessons learned from the original game, details on factions, the addition of guides, multiplayer support, DirectX 10 features, and the possibility that the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series will stalk consoles some day.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2008, 21:40 Paranoid Jack

Have you ever shot a real AK? They jump like crazy. Just watch any of the videos on the net of the freedom fighters in Iraq.

The first shot and maybe the second in a burst should be near your aimed target but there is more skill to it than a game can convey.

If you're on full auto you are basically in spray and pray mode? Without sufficient training to control the area of spread.

If you were complaining about the damage model I would probably jump on the band-wagon since I think the damage was a bit weak especially with the higher caliber weapons. Anyone hit by a .50 caliber Dragunov ( http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn18-e.htm ) should be dead if not down to be dead shortly after being hit. Head shots unless a grazing blow would rarely leave the target alive let alone able to continue fighting back. Unlike the game.

I'm all for realism in games but it's my opinion they did a great job with Stalker as far as the weapons ballistics go. Wish the sounds were a bit more meatier but still they were good enough.

Still one of the best shooters I've played. Looking forward to this one buggy or not... I am down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo