Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On AU Games Classification

Australian Classification Board Speaks On Games, R18+ & Fallout 3 on Kotaku Australia has a Q&A with the folks in charge of censoring media content in Australia after Fallout 3's recent brush with prohibition (story) and subsequent censorship for sale down under (story). Interesting topics include whether the board plays the games it rates, the legality of importing banned games, specifics about the drug references that got Fallout 3 in trouble, and a few questions about the R18+ rating that many are hoping will be added to the system to allow adults to buy games that are prohibited under current guidelines.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Aug 28, 2008, 10:16 Rseman

I haven't bought many games locally of late but last time I walked into an EB store here, the prices have gone up, not down. Spore Galactic or whatver they're calling it was $130 or 130.00. Many of the latest games over $110.00.

Unless I count Scorched Earth, which someone gave to me on floppy disk sometime in the early 90's, I've never not purchased any game I've even tried. I don't usually bother with demos and just grab what I hope will be good. Still, with prices going as mad as they are here, I'm just playing a lot less games because I can't afford them like I used to do.
I've got a shitload of games on Steam but if they do as they mentioned not so long ago and localize prices per country, that will be the end of them for me, too. Everytime I startup Steam and see Call of Duty 4 for $88.50 I positively want to vomit. And that was a great game worth it's price, which I paid $75.00 last xmas.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo