Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Trek Online Revelations

The countdown on the Cryptic Studios Website has concluded with the expected revelation that the developer has taken the helm of development of Star Trek Online. The Star Trek Online Official Website is online, offering screenshots from the project, and confirming an official unveiling of the game will come at the Star Trek convention on August 10 in Las Vegas, which will be covered by a live webcast. Word is:

CRYPTIC STUDIOS LICENSES RIGHTS TO PRODUCE STAR TREK ONLINE

Trek Fans Worldwide Are Invited to MMO Gamplay Reveal at Annual Star Trek Convention August 10, 2008 or Via Live Webcast at http://www.startrekonline.com/

Los Gatos, Calif. – Cryptic Studios™, a leading developer and publisher of massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), announced today that it has secured the global rights to develop and publish Star Trek® Online, a massively multiplayer online game based on the legendary Star Trek franchise, from CBS Consumer Products.

Cryptic will unveil the first Star Trek Online gameplay footage as well as details about this highly anticipated MMO at the annual Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas on Sunday, August 10, 2008. Trek fans from around the globe can also view the event live via webcast at http://www.startrekonline.com/.

Interested participants can register today for the Star Trek Online webcast and to sign up for the STO community by visiting http://www.startrekonline.com/.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

97. So, about starships Jul 29, 2008, 19:31 Creston

It sounds like everyone now gets their own starship, that you crew with NPC crewmen? And you can upgrade your ship etc, whatever, but the idea that eventually, say, a guild could get a Galaxy class starship and needed ~ 60 or 70 people to fly it is no longer in the works?

To be honest, that idea seemed pretty cool to me.

Also, is there just nothing announced except Federation and Klingon? No Romulans? Ferengi? Cardassians? Breen? Borg? Or is it set in stone that it's just Federation & Klingons?

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo