Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Galactic Civilizations II: Endless Universe Announced

Kalypso Media announces plans for Galactic Civilizations II: Endless Universe, a standalone third expansion for the strategy sequel due this August that will include the previous two expansions. So just how endless is the universe? "Space is big - really big - you just won't believe how vastly, hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." Here's the announcement:

The battle for galactic supremacy continues in Endless Universe; the new stand-alone add-on for the acclaimed strategy game Galactic Civilizations II, to be published by Kalypso Media at the end of August 2008. A stand-alone version, it requires no additional purchase and also includes the two previously released add-ons: Dark Avatar and Twilight Of the Arnor.

Galactic Civilizations II is the best selling strategy game in the United States, has received several awards, and spent a number of weeks in the U.S. Top Ten Game Charts. Endless Universe builds on the epic story, following on from Dark Avatar and Twilight of Arnor.

Thanks to Dark Avatar the different races now have multiple characteristics which adds variety and fun during the game. Now, the races range from “super-diplomatist” to “super-destroyer”. Also, Dark Avatar provides the planets with environmental conditions. Thus, the player needs to decide whether he wants to invest into research and development or leave the planet to a hostile player. Furthermore, Dark Avatar presents new scenes, new challenges, asteroids which can be used as mines, new races, and a new version of the spy system.

Further differences in characteristics between the races are provided by Twilight of the Arnor. Here, the player can experience new features, starting with individual developments to race-specific weapons, skills and buildings. In addition, there are sensational improvements to the planets, many new star ships, a much bigger galaxy, and a new soundtrack! On top of that, “Twilight of the Arnor” includes editors for the planets, scenario, and technological development.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Galactic Civilizations II: Endless Universe Announced Jul 8, 2008, 08:19 BIGtrouble77

I'm not sure I get why some of you are clamoring for a next gen space sim. I would personally love to see this game tweaked and updated for many more years, as long as the loyal paying customers aren't screwed. This game is entirely about AI, fancy graphics isn't going to make the game any better. If you want more of an RTS feel there are other games out there for that.

With that said, I'm a little disappointed that this update is mostly worthless for those of us that already have DA and ToA. Looks like a good opportunity to get into the game if you haven't played it before. I got into galciv1 at the very end of it's life and don't regret it one bit.

-bt

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo