Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis: No More Patches, Linux Server on Hold

Crysis Monthly Update #1 is online, the first of these regular updates from Crytek about their shooter since they shifted from a weekly schedule. The update elaborates on recent indications that console development is in Crytek's future (story), describes efforts at fixing multiplayer disconnect issues, and promotes an upcoming community Q&A session. They also offer the bad news that they have put development of a dedicated Crysis Linux server on hold because they are not happy with the state of the project, and that for reasons they are unable to disclose at this time, "there almost certainly will not be a patch 1.3 delivered for Crysis," in spite of the knowledge that this will disappoint a good number of users:

So, What About Patch 1.3?
At this time, there almost certainly will not be a patch 1.3 delivered for Crysis. We are aware that this news will disappoint many of you, and we would like to apologize profusely. There is a good reason for this and we hope you understand when you hear more about the reasons why in the very, very near future. Please realize this was an extremely difficult decision, but please do know that we are listening to your comments and are making more consistent community support a high priority.

We are confident that the things we are working on will be appreciated by the community, and we hope for your continued support. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

42. Re: thats a bunch of bs! Jun 1, 2008, 23:44 SirKnight

I'm still waiting for the patch that makes the AI non-retarded.

AMEN to that!

To me, there were two main things that messed up Crysis. 1) Horrid AI 2) Aliens

If the AI would have been good (something like FEAR perhaps) and there were no aliens, the game would have been loads better. Of course having the game runnable on more machines would have helped too.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 23:45.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo