Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, I guess these are allergies I've been suffering these past few days, I took Zyrtec, an OTC antihistamine, which cleared up my scratchy nose and throat, as well as my itchy eyes (I hadn't really noticed that, but that was another obvious allergy symptom). The bad news is this knocked me out for a while and made me good and light-headed after I regained consciousness; it seems I missed the drowsiness warnings on the label. In a strange twist, this medicine currently has an ad campaign bragging that their product acts so quickly it's like getting "time in a bottle" compared to their competition, but I think if you have to spend that extra time in a stupor, it's probably a net loss.

By the way. have you seen that TV commercial? It has the oddest approach to avoiding licensing fees I've ever noticed. It starts out saying: "You know that song Time in a Bottle?" But they never actually play the song. I wonder if this is a harbinger of a new trend... you could even do this with celebrities by having someone say: "Do you know that actress Angelina Jolie?", without her actually appearing or endorsing the product.

Links in a Bottle: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Spellblazer.
Moss 2.
Stories: National Space Society Looking For A Space Ambassador To Fly On Virgin Galactic. Thanks Gizmodo.
The Scoop on Fattening Ice Cream Flavors.
Japan woman lived in man's closet.
Science: Formula 'secret of perfect voice'.
Bond gadgets: Never say they will never work. Thanks Digg.
NASA picks “bargain basement” space technology candidates.
Follow-up: Toilet trouble fix loaded onto space shuttle. NASA flushed with success.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. DO NOT DRINK AND TAKE PILLS! Jun 1, 2008, 04:57 shul

Word to the wise: do not drink and take antihistamines. I wouldn't recommend it. My GF said "she is tripping like on LSD" that evening..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo