Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Publisher Eidos and developer Funcom announce that Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures is gold, so you can expect to see the barbaric MMORPG on store shelves soon (no date is specified) in preparation for the game's launch on May 20 in North America/Oceania and May 23 in Europe:

Durham, USA – April 22, 2008 – After four years of development co-publishers Funcom and Eidos are proud to announce that Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures has gone gold. One of the most highly anticipated MMO games in history is about to hit the store shelves, and the gates to the world of the mighty barbarian will soon be open to the millions of gamers around the world.

“Even though it feels like this great adventure is coming to an end, it’s really not at all. The launch is just the beginning” says Game Director/Producer Gaute Godager. “I believe we have created a game that will stand the test of time by its own accord, but we are already busy planning future features and expansions. We want to continue expanding Conan’s world for many years to come, and we have great ideas on what to do!”

After years of development and testing Age of Conan is now finally ready for prime time! To prepare for launch, tens of thousands of players have tested the Beta, enabling Funcom to polish the game prior to going live. While the game gets closer to release the anticipation for the title is also building steadily. Just last week 475.000 unique visitors went to the official Age of Conan websites, and the pre-order numbers in some important retail chains track as among the highest for any MMO launched.

“Age of Conan has been in development for a long time, as with all MMOs, but we have spent that time well and ended up with a game we are incredibly proud of,” says Funcom CEO Trond Arne Aas. “Creating a game of such epic proportions is an ambitious and challenging task, but we believe we have truly succeeded in realizing the vision of the game. We simply can’t wait to let the players in and let them experience the amazing adventures we have created.

Age of Conan is consistently mentioned as one of the most anticipated PC games in development. At launch the game will have received more than thirty covers on high-profile gaming magazines across the globe and more than fifteen major awards, including numerous "Best MMO of E3" awards and the official "Best Online Game" award at the Games Convention 2007. Age of Conan is a key title in Microsoft's Games for Windows line-up, and a showcase title for nVidia. Age of Conan launches 20th of May in North America / Oceania and 23rd of May in Europe

For more information or to pre-order Age of Conan – either in English, German, French or Spanish – visit the official website at www.ageofconan.com where you also can access the respective community websites.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. I've got a bad feeling about this Apr 22, 2008, 17:11 Bludd

I saw a demo of it in August 2007 and I wasn't very impressed. I thought at the time that the game would need about 1 more year of development.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo