Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well it's New Year's Eve, the chili is cooking, the scotch is decanted, and all that's left is to wonder how 2007 went by so darned fast.

Hey, and of course it's GotY season all over the world, and while I often take a pass on this stuff because I rarely feel I've seen enough of all the contenders to properly choose, I just need another excuse to rave about how wonderful Portal is, as it is my easy choice for game of the year, short or not. Pick a complaint folks express about games: poor writing, reliance on clichés, lack of innovation, etc., and all of them are remedied in Portal. Even its manageable length becomes a strength as you explore its replayability. Half-Life, Half-Life 2, and Portal are three titles standing at the pinnacle of their genre, and Valve should be quite proud of their impressive track record.

Finally, with the New Year's Eve madness set to start this evening, please remember if you are going to drive, please use a car. Oh yeah, and for sure don't drink and drive, and please keep an extra watchful eye out for other drivers who may have ignored this sage advice.

Enjoy!

New Years' Eve Links! Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Stories: Holy smoke in nunnery tops 2007 weird news.
Man keeps year's worth of garbage in apartment.
"Perfect storm" of clichés make bad English list.
Science: When the Germans, and Rockets, Came to Town.
Mechanical mysteries of the yodel.
Auction: On eBay, Some Profit by Selling What's Free.
Image: Evolution of Mario.
Media: Cop Tasers Himself. Thanks Digg. Don't taze you bro!
Waterphone-that instrument from scary movies.
When Robot Programmers Get Bored. Thanks Phisto.
Get Fat, Gain Weight, And Become As Unfit As Possible.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

37. Re: Happy New Year Jan 1, 2008, 02:30 Dan =0)

Happy new year to everyone!

Dan =0)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo