Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Child's Play

Child's Play has opened this year's charity drive:

Since 2003, over 100,000 gamers worldwide have banded together through Child's Play, a community based charity grown and nurtured from the game culture and industry. Over two million dollars in donations of toys, games, books and cash for sick kids in children's hospitals across North America and the world have been collected since our inception.

This year, we have continued expanding across the country and the globe. With over 45 partner hospitals and more arriving every month, you can be sure to find one from the map above that needs your help! You can choose to purchase requested items from their online retailer wish lists, or make a cash donation that helps out Child's Play hospitals everywhere. Any items purchased through Amazon will be shipped directly to your hospital of choice, so please be sure to select their shipping address rather than your own.

When gamers give back, it makes a difference!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: Well, Sorry Nov 3, 2007, 18:43 Lorcin

yeah I erm do have to agree with Kosumo. If you asked me too buy a game which would then be auctioned the procedes of which would benefit people in NEEDFUL countries then fair enough.

The fact that pretty high up the list for Alder Hey (only place in my country) was 5 copies of "Transformers" and it's enough matter.

I mean for god's sake - they need copies of "High School Musical 2" to make people better???? It's not even out yet!

I honestly can't think of anything to make me more sick then the thought of whatching Troy, Sharp Pain and Ryan whilst I'm laid up in hospital bed. Ok so we can shout "Seen your tits" everytime Gabrielle comes on but that still doesn't make up for ryans hats.

BTW yes I have kids and yes one of them was at high risk of dying from menegitis. That one still DID not need to watch disney or play anything to pull through - and probably could not have done if they had wanted too.

If gamers wanna help we should organise a TF2 or CS $1 per frag day. Everyone enters their credit card details and everytime someone kills someone else a dollor goes to unicef or another like-minded charity. (hehe fatal1ty can afford it with his profile).
This comment was edited on Nov 3, 18:51.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo