Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TF2 Announcement Next Week

This week's Steam Marketing Message offers some Team Fortress 2 screenshots showing off the Engineer in Valve's upcoming teamplay shooter and promises a high definition movie next week to show off the Engineer's problem solving prowess. The update also dramatically promises a announcement on Tuesday that will make you want to skip laying on a beach in Cancun:

In other TF2 news, stay tuned for a pretty big announcement next week. You're going to want to hold off on planning any vacations until you hear what we've got to say on Tuesday.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

36. Re: @Dagok Sep 8, 2007, 20:30 hapj

@Trimethicon: And yes I have read all of the interviews and previews (I live eat, breath and shit games) and to be honest they're really just the same classes as TFC. Tell me what is so new and innovative?

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200703/N07.0327.1745.51023.htm

From page 1:

"The Pyro is really different, the Scout is really different, the Medic, in terms of their role. We call the Scout a Scout and there was really some discussion if we should call the Scout something else because he’s so different, but it doesn’t seem to be too important, but the name still implies a role that’s pretty analogous to what he does."

"With TFC we had the problem of not clearly differentiating between the classes. It sort of resulted in people not really having weaknesses. The Soldier has sort of been the bane of my existence in terms of TF, because he’s a class who’s not as good at everything but he doesn’t have a significant weakness. ... So yes, I think that part of the whole goal of the changes are about more sharply defining the rock-paper-scissors stuff."

From page 2:

"Q: There are no grenades outside of the Demoman's grenade launcher. That’s a pretty big deal."

"They reduce class differentiation a lot and this was the key killer of what made us do it. ... The clans really don’t play Scout at all. They play Medic because the conc jump [ed: Concussion Grenade jumping] is the same so the Medic and the Conc is so much about the skill of using a Medic in TFC to capture flags. The conc itself invalidated the Scout itself."

"One of the main reasons why we’ve gone to control points with much of the maps is control points are about defending and attacking points, and TF’s gameplay, all of the classes fit into some part of a defensive or offensive role."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo