Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Mercenaries 2 Delayed?

GameSpot reports a rumor by way of an un-sourced report on Computer and Video Games that Mercenaries 2: World in Flames is delayed, and that Pandemic's upcoming combat-for-hire shooter will be released next year rather than this year, as was expected. They offer an official no comment from Pandemic and their opinion that this is probably true, among other things because it will keep the game from competing with Crysis, which will also be published by EA. Shacknews has further follow-up on this, saying they also received a noncommittal response from Pandemic, but that EA told them that Mercenaries 2 is still slated for a Holiday 2007 release.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 09:59 DrEvil

Your edit spam speaks more of your being 'phased' than anything.

Your post is full of absolute bullshit too. Name a single game that was "1/2 finished", or the equivalent to a "3 wheeled car". Retarded analogy by the way.

Welcome to PC gaming genius, there is no possible way developers can support every variation of hardware out in the market place. There isn't the time or the budget to test every variation. For people unfortunate enough to be using hardware that has issues that's what patching is for. A game that simply doesn't run could be a problem from a very long list of possible causes. Get a console if you don't want to deal with that.

EDIT2: saying some BS about how complex software is blah blah, thats a complete cop out answer, no shit its complex, but if people weren't lazy/greedy slobs then perhaps things would work as they claim they should. cars complicated too - but guess what, they fucking work!

There you go doing it again. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Game developers are anything but lazy. How often do you work long hours for months on end to finish your projects? There's the useless analogy again. A car is trivial compared to a modern game, in time, effort, manpower, and budget. Anything construction based is a useless analogy. Constructing things work off of rigid blueprints. Software doesn't, especially games. To compare them indicates extreme ignorance on the subject, or simple stupidity.

I wish for more coop games too, but it is in fact not easy to add to 'any' game. Games are being molded their entire dev cycle. More times than not things are being cut late in the process during that crunch time when its obvious ship dates couldn't being met otherwise. Laziness doesn't even enter the picture. Things like split screen and coop are often targets for cuts. It sucks, but neither are easy to add nor are they very often considered critical features of a game(unfortunately).

But whatever, keep up your train of ignorance. Keep telling yourselves game devs are lazy or greedy while the rest of us laugh at your ignorance, and developers remain underpaid and overworked. I can only wish your bullshit were true, and maybe I would be living more comfortably.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo