Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Guns of August

Check your calendar, as Matrix Games announces the release of Frank Hunter's Guns of August:

Take to the trenches and battle out the First World War the way you see fit!

Matrix Games and Adanac Command Studies are excited to announce the release of Guns of August! Now players can experience the thrill of commanding massive wave assaults on the trenches of WWI or race in the laboratories to develop new armor units and tip the balance of power in their favor in this highly anticipated turn-based grand strategy title.

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said "Guns of August presents World War I fans with an elegant and innovative design so that they can engage in one of the world's most intense conflicts in a fun and addicting way. I for one an particularly glad that I can still wage the First World War in all its strategic intrigue without having to worry about getting trench foot!"

Guns of August puts players in command of waging World War I at a grand strategic scale from Paris to Baghdad. The entire Western, Eastern, Italian and Balkan fronts are included as are the three fronts of the Ottoman Empire. Production, Combat, Diplomacy, Research, Trenches, Fog of War - Land, Sea and Air combat are all included! Use land units like infantry corps complete with separate artillery units for precisely directing barrages on the enemy's line.

As time goes on, players must deal with changing combat situations like the introduction of Stossstruppen and even mighty tanks charging through lines to break through the stalemate! Guns of August fully supports a robust AI to fight against or play by email. Step back to the early 20th Century and hear the guns of August!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

3. Re: Clunky interface and 1024x768 Jul 24, 2007, 17:20 Grounded

Oops I knew I was supposed to be beta testing something, and this was it. Got in and spent one day with it, just wasn't my cup of tea and I play a lot of wargames. Back to Battlefront I go.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo